Document Imaging & Scanning
Document Imaging & Scanning from Iron Mountain
Moving business forward with digitization and automation.
In today’s fast-paced business environment quick and easy access to information can mean the difference between success and failure.
Frequently used documents need to be accessible within seconds, from various sites, simultaneously regardless of their format. Paper to digital conversions using Iron Mountain’s document imaging & scanning solutions enables efficiency and risk benefits to be realised whilst maintaining security, compliance and cost-effectiveness.
Business Process Management
Business process management (BPM) systematically makes organizational workflows more effective and efficient. Digitization improves your business processes across the board.
Our extensive network of imaging centres, scanning and indexing services, secure storage options and workflow automation solutions can help accelerate your transition to a more digital workplace.
Our integrated approach to document imaging management workflow automation can help you:
- remove paper from your processes and workflows
- streamline business processes
- increase staff efficiency and productivity
- meet and reduce the risk for your organization
Key features of our facilities include
- End-to-End outsourced service so records can be converted to a digital format with least hassle possible.
- No limitation to specific software systems or data formats.
- Strict access control and secure communication links, allows documents to be viewed from different sites without posing a security risk.
- Secure administration allows users to be added or removed, activated or deactivated as well as the resetting of user passwords.
- A variety of specialised scanning devices are available to handle various volumes from small desktop applications to large backfile conversions.
- Multiple indexing fields allow for user-friendly search capabilities.
- Web-based access requires no special software and allows 24/7 access to records via a Web browser.
- Each document is immediately accessible, by multiple users in multiple geographic locations.
- Digital records can easily be duplicated and stored at multiple sites forming a key element of any disaster recovery and business continuity strategy.
- Flexible data transfer, backup and archival options include direct integration to customer servers via VPN or dedicated links.
- Physical documents can be destroyed at the end of their legal retention period, but the digital image will be available for an indefinite period.
Iron Mountain’s Services Include
- Bulk Back-Scanning – bulk conversion of existing records to electronic form.
- Off-Site Imaging – All imaging takes place at one of Iron Mountain’s bureau facilities.
- On-Site Imaging – An outsourced solution on your premises, either managed and operated by your staff, or Iron Mountain’s imaging specialists.
- Image-On-Demand (IOD) – Not all records need to be scanned and stored electronically in advance. For records that are seldom retrieved, IOD offers a cost-effective solution, where you only pay for highly selective scanning, as required.
- Image Hosting – All scanned images are stored off-site at a highly secure facility accessible only to authenticated staff via the web.
Imaging provides quick access to business-critical documents.