Have You Selected the Right Records Management Solutions Provider?
Take a look at these important tips to help you make the right choice.
Selecting the right records management solutions partner is no simple task. Yes, there are more than a few providers out there, and yes, the costs do need to be taken into account. That said there are there a number of records management components that you cannot afford to be without.
Disaster Prevention Systems
One of the most important reasons for engaging the services of a records management company is to reduce, if not avoid, damage to your documents and records should disaster strike.
Therefore the company you select should at the very least have the following in place:
- An early warning system such as VESDA
- Accredited fire suppression systems
- 24/7/365 document storage warehouse surveillance systems
- On and off site central monitoring linked to both fire and police departments
- Uninterrupted power supplies and backup generators to ensure no electricity downtime
The security of your company records and information should not be left to chance. The right RMS partner will have the following and more in place to keep your documents safe:
- 24 hour security
- Intrusion detection and alarm systems linked to armed response company
- Adequate perimeter security
- Biometric access controls
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) asset tracking
Having proper disaster prevention systems and state-of-the-art security is all very well, but what if you do not have the right people looking after your documents? For a start, you should make sure your RMS partner is able to offer you the following:
- Full lifecycle management of your information and records
- Accurate and consistent cataloguing and indexing of all records
- The safe collection and transportation of boxes to and from secure off-site storage facilities
- Various retrieval options, including hardcopy and electronic retrievals
- Properly manage the destruction process of records that have reached the end of their legal retention period
At Iron Mountain, we offer competitive records management solutions and more. You can learn more about what we offer using these links: