Secure Destruction of Your Records, Media and IT Assets
As information volumes continue to grow, the risk of loss or breach increases as well. You need to be sure you can dispose of your assets that contain personal or sensitive information, regardless of format: paper, media, hard drives and other IT assets.
With Iron Mountain secure destruction services, you can benefit from a comprehensive destruction program that’s convenient, compliant and sustainable. Our programs are tailored to your specific requirements and can include onsite, offsite or one-time shredding, as well as e-waste and IT asset disposition services.
Iron Mountain renders documents illegible through its secure shredding services with least effort and expense.
Having realised that waste and recycling companies were not focused on, or able to provide any peace of mind when security and environmental concerns are raised, Iron Mountain stepped up to the challenge.
Iron Mountain’s services address a growing need to maintain confidentiality throughout the document lifecycle. With an alarming number of fraud cases involving identity theft, discarding sensitive documents in their original form is no longer an option. Documents that leave an organisation intact take days, often weeks before they are recycled, often moving between multiple staging locations before being rendered illegible.
South African companies can no longer afford to ignore this reality.
Iron Mountain secure destruction service includes the following
- On-site rental – Robust equipment is setup onsite for flexible, secure shredding at a pace that suits you. This option is best suited to low/medium document volumes where the highest security level is required. Shredders provided are well serviced, reliable and will provide superior shredding capabilities than typical office shredders. Typical applications include shredding of vouchers, certificates or any cash equivalents.
- Regular bin – Iron Mountain provides on-going shredding solutions in the form of our secure on-site bins & consoles. Clients can dispose of day-to-day materials directly into locked bins deployed at strategic points on their premises. Bins are rotated monthly or when required. The monthly rental fee covers both the ongoing rental of the bin and the first rotation for each bin every month.
- On-demand bin – Where companies have limited or irregular ongoing shredding requirements, the on-demand shredding bin option is ideal. Clients contact Iron Mountain to arrange bin rotations when required so the 120L bin can be rotated for a clean, empty bin at a schedule that suits them.
- Off-Site Bulk shredding – Documents are collected onsite by authorised Iron Mountain staff in secure, branded vehicles in bags or boxes. Receipts are provided for each collection and proof of destruction is provided upon completion. All documents collected are shredded the same day of collection.
- On-Site Bulk shredding – Purpose-built mobile shredding trucks cater for all your shredding needs at your premises allowing you to witness the process.
Iron Mountain’s Secure Bin Based, Bulk, On-Site and Off-Site Shredding Services ensure documents are effortlessly shredded by authorised personnel in the shortest time possible.
Iron Mountain is committed to the secure and environmentally friendly destruction (shredding) of confidential and sensitive documents.
Iron Mountain secure destruction services can help your organization to:
- Reduce risk
- Enhance compliance
- Protect your brands reputation