Secure Storage & Records Management Solutions from Iron Mountain
Protect and Preserve What Matters Most.
Our secure storage & records management solutions help you to run your business and manage an ever-growing volume and variety of assets and information. From critical business information to geological samples and original recordings of treasured artists, we protect what you value most. Your physical records, electronic data, media tapes, vital records and other assets can be safely stored in Iron Mountain’s highly secure global network of facilities, and recovered when needed.
Iron Mountain Secure Storage services can help your organization to:
- Repurpose real estate and leverage the space to run your business
- Manage information growth and scale on-demand
- Enable recovery – in the event of a disaster
Iron Mountain offers cost-effective off-site storage of records in a safe and secure environment, with fast and efficient retrieval services.
Records management can be a daunting task for any organisation. Trying to keep up to date with legislation changes, compliance obligations, applying correct retention periods, managing costs and doing it all in small filing rooms that are normally in the company’s basement can become almost impossible.
Iron Mountain offers cost-effective off-site storage of records in a safe and secure environment, with fast and efficient retrieval services. Iron Mountain’s 360-degree view of fire, safety and security are unsurpassed in the industry.
Key features of our facilities include
- All facilities are in access controlled business parks.
- VESDA® – very early warning aspirating smoke/fire detection (ASD) system accredited by FDIA® and FSIB®
- “In-rack” fire suppression systems accredited by ASIB®
- Rentsec® – 24/7/365 Quad® video surveillance systems
- VAMSA® – Video alarm monitoring security systems
- On and off-site 24/7/365 central monitoring of all mission-critical protection systems linked to the Fire department and Police department for emergencies
- 24 hour guarded security
- Intrusion detection and alarm systems linked to armed response company
- Electrified perimeter fencing
- Biometric access controls
- Third-party contracted vermin and fumigation specialist control
- UPS and generators to ensure no electricity downtime
- Transportation is done by dedicated drivers and branded vehicles with tracking devices.
Iron Mountain’s Records Management & Storage service includes:
- Full lifecycle management of information and records program
- Enables compliance with laws and regulations by actively managing retention periods
- Detailed analysis and intelligent reporting on stored documentation by records type, specific keywords or retention status
- Accurate and consistent cataloguing and indexing of records are done by experienced teams. Alternatively can be done online via Iron Mountain’s website
- The safe collection and transportation of boxes to one of Iron Mountain’s off-site storage facilities using easily recognisable branded vehicles.
- Controlled access to records via security codes for authorised users.
- Barcoding and indexing of boxes, whereby information is captured onto Docu-Track our central database to facilitate easy, quick and efficient retrievals.
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) asset tracking technology
- Dedicated call centre staff that specialise in facilitating various retrieval options, including hardcopy and electronic retrievals.
- Actively managed destruction process of records that have reached the end of their legal retention period.
- Apart from traditional content-centric reports, process-centric reports are also available, including verifiable chain-of-custody reports and audit trail reports.
- Enquire about our “Store-A-Box®” option, which is a cost-effective alternative to traditional document storage
Iron Mountain offers cost-effective off-site records management and storage of information in world class, purpose-built, highly secure and compliant facilities.
Iron Mountain South Africa services the following provinces, cities and surrounding areas:
GAUTENG (Head Office)
- Midrand, Johannesburg
- Cape Town
- East London
- Port Elizabeth